Personal injury lawsuits are some of the most complex cases tried under Provincial Law. Furthermore, the most difficult task that an injury lawyer in Burlington and their legal team must face is proving who is legally at fault in this type of lawsuit. In most cases, personal injury claims and lawsuits arise because someone sustained injuries in an accident that was caused by another party’s carelessness, negligence, or recklessness. Basically, it is- “If one of the parties involved in an accident was distracted or was not being careful than any of the others, that party must pay at least some of the damages suffered by those parties that were more careful.”
In personal injury lawsuits, the burden of proof rests on your shoulders and those of your injury lawyer team in Burlington. Therefore, legal liability is determined by the above rule and one or a combination of the following factors:
• If a company employee is negligent and causes an accident, their employer might be legally responsible for those circumstances as well.
• If an accident occurs on dangerous property (i.e. poorly constructed or maintained), the property owner will be held liable even if they didn’t create the conditions.
• If the individual who was injured was careless or reckless, the court may reduce the amount of compensation they receive for their injuries based on the extent of their carelessness or recklessness. This is commonly called “comparative negligence.”
• If the injured individual was in a place where they should have anticipated the potential for getting into an accident or should not have been in that particular place at all, the person accused of causing the accident might not be found liable. Basically, they had no “duty of care” to the individual who got injured.
• If you sustain injuries by using a defective or faulty product, and seller or manufacturer of said product, as well as other members of the supply chain, will be liable. This applies even if you are unsure of who caused the defect, made the product, or knew how the defect occurred.
Having a personal injury lawyer in Burlington and their team of legal assistants on your side increases your chances of winning your case. It is essential that you work with a legal firm that has years of experience working on similar cases, so they are aware of the ways of the laws. It would help you get higher amount of compensation and help you tide over the current health and financial issues, easing out the path towards recovery. That is why it is important to contact a lawyer as early as possible after the accident.